Radio-control plane builder Richard Hamel built this incredible seven-foot-long, fire-breathing dragon using a JetCat P80 turbine and a 50,000 volt stun gun, with a 2.4-gigahertz touchscreen radio controller to fly it.
Because of the turbine, the air that comes out of the dragon can reach 500mph and 1,400 degrees, so to keep everything from melting, he made a double-walled stainless steel exhaust.
The tail was inspired by DreamWorks' How to Train Your Dragon animated film.
Hamel also gave his dragon red LED eyes and designed the scales and teeth by looking at tons of clip art dragons and choosing his favorite features.
The stun gun, along with a nozzle that's attached to a propane canister, is what gives the dragon its awesome fire-breathing abilities. See it in action:
Check out the article on PopSci for more details.
All photos by Tom Cwenar
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades