OK, first thing's first: need to get this insane picture out of the way. I think this might classify as horror movie creepy.
"The robot is supposed to model a 1-year-old baby, and the purpose is to conduct research on how a baby's brain develops. Diego-san's face has about 20 moving parts so that it can communicate with facial expression, without being able to talk. It is 130cm tall, weighs 30kg and can stand up from a chair on its own. It can hold a water bottle with its hand. It has a high resolution camera and 6 axis acceleration sensor built in to detect movement.
Unfortunately, the article doesn't say why the head has to be so big. Female researchers contributed to the design and coordination - thus the photo of woman hugging Diego-san."
For some reason, robot babies are ultimately just plain disturbing. Perhaps even more disturbing than the world's first sex bot.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades